In this Climategenn episode I am speaking with Professor Terry Hughes, Director of the Australian Research Council (ARC) based at John Cook University in Australia. We discuss the rapidly changing coral reefs and the developing state of the global oceans and the condition of the Great Barrier Reef ahead of this years Austral summer bleaching event.
1. The role of coral reefs
2. State of reefs in the worlds oceans
3. Is it “game over” for the oceans?
4. Can reefs bounce back from multiyear bleaching events?
5. Australian government: climate rhetoric v’s action
6. Should we try to intervene to save the reefs with geoengineering?
Please do like, share and send feedback. It is all vey much appreciated. Thanks.